W e have been blessed with having the most sincere and fun clients; we always look forward to our next creative adventure together. Life is short – love what you do and who you work with!
Hear what some of our clients have to say about their HappyFish experience:
I absolutely adore working with Karen!
At our studio, it’s just my husband and me. We can’t do it all, and when we were looking to outsource album design, we were fortunate enough to find Karen.
When it came time to find a new designer for our marketing needs, we tried a couple different designers, but became frustrated by them not “getting” what we wanted. My husband said, “What about Karen?” A light bulb moment!!! We’re so happy with everything she’s done. She knows exactly what I need, and — despite my sometimes muddled messages and unclear direction — delivers amazing designs that capture the sentiment I’m going for! Her designs are crisp, beautiful, sentimental, and perfect! She goes above and beyond for us, too, making sure we get our true message to shine through!
Karen is amazing and is a natural at creating marketing pieces that work. We love using her creative talent for our postcards, flyers, brochures, prices lists, and email marketing pieces! Plus she’s fun to work with! We genuinely love her!
She made the photo selection process as easy as it could possibly be as well. I was unsure about the leather color I wanted to use for the albums so she mailed me two samples so I could be 100% sure. She was so prompt and on top of communication – replying to our emails, questions, and requests very quickly.
We needed our wedding albums prior to Christmas, as two of the three albums were gifts to our parents. She made sure that we received our albums before the holidays and we actually received them earlier than expected! She oversaw the complicated shipping for us and followed up immediately.
The albums turned out BEAUTIFULLY! The layout and design is perfect and the quality of the pictures is impeccable. The leather and imprinting on the cover is exactly what we wanted. We know our parents, and anyone who looks through our album, will be blown away by her amazing work! Thank you Karen & Happy Fish for all your help and hard work!! You turned our special day into a forever memory – we are so appreciative!
Thanks so much Karen!!
- She treats her customers like they’re her favourite client (although I’m SURE I really AM her favourite client!)
- She return calls and e-mails immediately
- She’s warm and fun on the phone and always seems to have endless time to talk about my projects– although I know she couldn’t possibly.
- If communicating by e-mail, she throws in lots of
- She’s reliable. When she says the album will be done in two weeks, the album is done in two weeks.
- She’s m..e…t…i…c…u..l…o…u…s detail oriented and double checks everything– which, for me, is probably the biggest reason why I keep hiring her.
- She works really, really hard. Sometimes I get e-mails from her in the wee hours of the morning
- She’s fair and has never overcharged me for her services
- Every aspect of her business is completely professional– website, letterhead, blog, logo– even the Happy Fish DVD’s of the clients album layouts are lovely.
- She never gets mad at you for fiddling with her album designs
- She’s fun!
Studio Iris Photography, Quebec, Canada
“Although I’m really old, Karen, you’re going to have to talk to me like I’m five years old.”
But Karen doesn’t. She patiently explains everything and the job goes smoothly and quickly. It’s a pleasure working with her. She is one of those people you want to go have coffee with. And did I mention the beautiful design work she did to make my photography look even more expensive than it is?
Thank you so much again!
- We are extremely happy with the final product
- Karen listens well and really tries to understand your style while discussing your pictures and your idea of the album
- Karen was excellent in seeing the issues I felt could be changed or giving better ideas, I LOVED how she would find issues and give me options before I could even spot them.
- Karen was great about staying in communication and letting me know her time frame. The time frame was something we agreed upon in the very beginning, she really takes her time and is very thorough
- My wedding was in Hawaii so I wanted the style to be bright and fun and not formal black/white designs. This was why I chose Karen because she was open to doing something different and really saw the potential in my pictures like I did. I tried 3 other wedding album designers before her and I knew she was perfect for this from our first conversation.
- She is very professional and also extremely personable. I felt comfortable asking her tons of questions she always got back to me right away.
- I loved about her is that even though she is the designer she doesn’t get offended when discussing potential changes or if I keep changing my mind… which I did frequently! I really didn’t know what I wanted until i saw her creation…. it was exactly what I was looking for
- Trust her opinions because she sees so many albums that she really knows what looks good and what will last a lifetime. I wanted an album that wouldn’t look outdated in 10 or 20 years. My album rocks!!